Where it all began…
CANVAS’ story began in 2019
When Justiss Boyer had enough courage to take a risk and follow a dream of opening an eco-friendly hair salon, it wasn’t a decision she took lightly.
Driven by her Cancer diagnosis and subsequent recovery and her father’s major health event, Justiss took the courageous leap and started her business, and eco-friendly, inclusive hair salon not only for client’s looking for organic and sustainable options, but also for other career minded hair professionals who craved freedom in a supportive, healthy, structured environment.
Determined in her belief that all businesses should be responsible for the effect their activities have on the environment, Justiss set about to find eco-friendly, sustainable, and local organizations to partner with.
protect & preserve our planet
CANVAS is committed to doing business sustainably, ensuring all of our activities are in the best interest of the environment. CANVAS uses environmentally sustainable and certified organic products whenever possible. Even the smallest change can make the biggest impact.
Along with EPA Registered Disinfectant, we use environmentally sensitive cleaning products. We minimize our energy & water usage, our foil is recycled for the production of other aluminium products and used natural materials wherever possible.
CANVAS is committed to supporting initiatives that contribute to the economic, social and cultural growth of the United States and specifically the communities of North Carolina. CANVAS will continue to choose products that are responsibly harvested and trade wherever possible within the United States.
Salon Policies & Frequently Asked Questions
As North Carolina Covid-19 Numbers continue to rise, we are continuing to adapt to new policies in the salon and as such are changing the way we make appointments.
CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 Salon Policy
Below are a few of the new policies to be implemented effective immediately:
- Services are now priced by time – All stylists are now hourly
- To learn more about how we price your services, click here
- One Client, per stylist, per appointment
- Everyone in the salon must wear a mask at all times, if you do not have a mask you can purchase a disposable mask from the salon for $1. Masks will be required at the door and will be required to be worn over both the Mouth and Nose. If you are unable to wear a mask either properly or at all, you will need to reschedule your appointment when these safety measures are no longer required.
- We will ask you to sit in your car and call the salon at 919-275-2895, to let us know you are at the salon for your appointment, you will be contacted when your stylist is ready to meet you at the front entrance.
- There will be a touchless hand santizing station for all clients to use prior to, and at any point during their appointment.
- Children age 11 and under will be required to wear a mask as well and their accompanied guardian.
- Stylists will have 20 minutes between each client to sanitize and disinfect their areas, this may reduce the available appointments.
- We are temporarily not accepting any cash payments.
- All service payments will be charged via a complete Non-Contact process and as such all appointments will be required to be reservced with a CC#. This information is kept behind an encrypted fire wall and no one will have access to the details. Your card will only be charged after completion of your appointment.
New guests will be required to book their appointments with a credit card and will only be charged upon the instance of late cancellation, late arrivals or no-show occurrences.
If you are unable to make your appointment, we ask for 24 hours notice. Otherwise, there is a missed opportunity to fill the appointment, resulting in a loss of income for the stylist.
If you cancel your appointment or do not show up after the 24 hour period, you authorize CANVAS Salon to bill your card on file to an amount equal to the service rate plus applicable taxes.
For guests in good standing and have no-showed or canceled more than 1 hour before, we invite you to rebook your appointment within 3 days of the original appointment without requiring a credit card on file. You will be able to use the charges toward this appointment.
Cancellation charges may be used toward appointments made within 3 business days of missed appointment.
For guests who have cancelled or no-showed more than once in a 12 month period, we ask that you leave a valid credit card in file to rebook.
If you miss your appointment under the same circumstances, you will be charged the full amount of your booked service.
Emergencies will be handled on a case by case basis by a member of management.
We want our guests to be completely satisfied with our personalized service. If for whatever reason you need a post visit adjustment, we are more than happy to accommodate within 7 days of your previous visit. Refunds on services rendered are handled on a case by case basis.
CHILD SAFETY POLICY
We understand how challenging it is finding time to spend for yourself.
We also understand that your “me time” does not always align with your hair appointments.
However, our policy strictly prohibits unsupervised children in the salon.
In the event you must bring a young child into the salon, please provide proper supervision for them in the form of an additional caretaker.
Unfortunately the salon cannot provide childcare services.
Also, young children in carriers/strollers may not be placed near the service areas or held in the lap unless they are recieving services.
We kindly request ONLY those receiving services be present in the service areas.
Older children, (12+) capable of sitting quietly and unsupervised, may wait in the provided seating area.
While this policy helps ensure that all guests enjoy a relaxing salon experience, it was created with your child’s safety in mind.
Our salon is not child-proof.
Sharp instruments, hot styling tools, chemicals and a busy, congested area make for a potentially dangerous environment for young children.
CANVAS Salon stylists and staff are dedicated to providing each of our guests with the highest level of services possible.
We greatly appreciate your compliance with our child safety policy.